Friday, August 14, 2009

5-8-12 into Breastfeeding

Almost just like my favorite Brian McKnight song, “It’s been 5 months, 8 days, 12-hours” since I have started breastfeeding my “little AJ.” I have never thought that I will go this far into breastfeeding - especially that I am working full-time.

Even our pedia is amazed. Because my BF adventures with my first-born “Ate Ichi” was just for about a month. And I told her I was so naïve then (at age 23) that I don’t have all the information to succeed breastfeeding my first child. This time it’s different. Aside from the fact that I am years older (and a bit wiser I guess), I was happy to be part of this community where all my breastfeeding information and support came from. But I will talk about this community later on.

Last night, I had a conversation with my dear hubby (DH) about up to when I intend to continue to BF our little one. I answered him “I don’t know. We will see…” DH was surprised. Well, because two months ago, I was telling him I couldn’t wait for my little AJ to turn 6 months so that I could stop pumping milk already. I still remember ranting about how difficult it is for me to continue breastfeeding while working. I was back to work for a month then.

Now, it is barely three weeks until my little AJ’s 6th month and my plans had completely changed. For now, I intend to continue breastfeeding and pumping for as long as I can. And to support this goal, I though of setting up this diary about my breastfeeding adventures. I’ll be posting some information about the many wonderfuls of breastfeeding. And I hope in some way or another I will be able to share my insights and stories to other breastfeeding and working moms out there. So, welcome to my breastfeeding blog!

No comments: