Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Little Corner – Merichi’s Corner on Ebay.ph

This is the first time that I will be blogging about my so-called little sideline... I guess it’s high time and a bit noteworthy to speak about it here due to my recent achievements in this side of my life – my entrepreneurial life (naks!).

I started selling breastfeeding and baby items online in August 2009. Prior to this, I was really venturing into many other sidelines that were always based on my passion – graphic designing and lay-outing, creating unique souvenirs and even clay crafting. I could say some could have been so successful but it was always time consuming that in the end I gave up and decided not to continue. Here is a sample of my previous wedding cake topper made out of clay:


I then became pregnant to my second child and gave birth in March 2009. I was so keen into breastfeeding that I prepared myself very well in this endeavor. Breastfeeding gears are really huge investments and it was then when I realized that I will be able to save more if I buy them directly from the US. This was the modest beginning of my online shop in August last year.

I started selling using both Multiply and Ebay. Months later, I noticed that I was enjoying selling more in Ebay.ph. This is because of the feedback rating that every seller and buyer can give in every transaction. The more positive feedback you get, the more credible you are as a seller. And Ebay has more firm rules when it comes to selling so if you are a bogus seller, it is more likely that you will not succeed in ebay. Months passed by and ebay was really addicting. It always gave me a sense of fulfillment every time I receive positive feedbacks. I enjoy discussing how many sales I made in a day to my hubby, and how I intend to maintain the 100% positive feedback to become credible.

I will never forget that one day last March when one of my buyers tarnished my feedback rating with her unjust negative feedback. Yeah right, you can’t really please everybody. Fortunately, I was able to accept it after several weeks (not days… but weeks!) and told myself to be more vigilant in every sale that I made.



There was also one package that got lost by the courier – yeah right, it was a lansinoh pump costing Php8,000! Though I can say to my customer that it was not my responsibility anymore because it was not my mistake and that she didn’t pay for insurance of the item, I felt it was my obligation as a responsible seller to reimburse her money. So that’s what I did. I just told myself that this is part of the business that I am in. You win and you sometimes lose…

Not long after, all my hard works were rewarded. I was flying high again when I reached the POWERSELLER status in Ebay last April! Yey!


I was very ecstatic and I couldn’t contain my happiness! I did not expect that I will reach this level within 6 months time. After this, I put almost all my items on sale with 10 or 20% discounts to please my buyers more and to let us enjoy ebay shopping more and more! It’s like a game for me really!

And if it rains, it pours, as they said. Just last Monday, I received this email from ebay:


Whew! I was invited to be part of Ebay’s Top Users Meeting! At first I did not believe it, thought it was some sort of a gimmick. But yesterday, I received a call from a female foreigner who happens to be the same person who sent me the said email. She was actually from the marketing group of ebay. I searched on the Ebay forums and found out that this event was indeed legitimate and this was really a limited engagement. Woohoo! I feel so important! Haha.. As of now, I am excited and so proud of it.

Anyway, to sum it all up, I intend to continue with this addiction of mine.

As other have always been saying, yes indeed, online selling and buying is really addicting. And in my case, Ebay selling is really super fun! I hope to meet you one day

So, for all of you who are asking, here is our little corner where I display my stuff:



This is actually my mom’s store located at BF Resort Village in Las Pinas City. This is for my clients who are afraid of being scammed online and for those who want to pick up items personally. They can go to our store or to our house which is not very far from that store. Hopefully I will be able to put more and more stuff here in our Little Corner.

Check out my ebay store here.

Please visit from time to time as I usually put up sales and discounts from time to time.
For inquiries, please contact me at 0917-3268857 (no calls please) or email merichionline@gmail.com.

Ciao!

No comments: